[Microsound-announce] Das Kleine Field Recordings Festival Berlin

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sun Nov 26 14:04:24 EST 2006

Apologies for not posting this sooner...but I've been performing and
blogging on the Kleine Field Recordings Festival here in Berlin the last
week.

You can see the Festival site here:

http://kleine-frf.blogspot.com/

And see my blog (on the festival as well as sound art, experimental,
drone, noise and hardcore/metal music) here:

http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista

(excerpt)

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Kleine Field Recording Fest II

If small, intimate venues and very personal sets catch your interest, then
last night's episode of the Kleine Field Recording Festival would be
just your thing. Arranged by Rinus van Alebeek on no budget and in 10
days, the festival hosted field recordists and sound artists from Berlin
and around Germany (Hamburg, Frankfurt, Leipzig...). Saturday night took
place in Monty's, a cozy Friedrichshain cafe complete with overstuffed
sofas. What was lacking in the sound system was made up for by the
intimacy of the room, which created a very strong resonance with the
audience, and by working with the room tone to create a kind of sonic
fullness.

read more.... http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista

best,
derek