[Microsound-announce] Sprawl May bulletin (London, UK)

douglas at benfo.demon.co.uk douglas at benfo.demon.co.uk
Mon May 15 07:37:33 EDT 2006

S P R A W L  May 2006 bulletin

* Firstly, a big thanks to everyone who came to SonicRecycler2
in April, the event was a great success, superb performances,
and a fantasic atmosphere at Watermans.

* Secondly, a brief announcement to let you know Sprawl proper
will be back on Weds September 13th at our old home, the
Charterhouse Bar and full line TBA, but a very special one.
Meanwhile, as previously mentioned, we are working away
at plans for future special events with some interesting
collaborations, such as further Interplays and SonicRecycler3 (!).

* Meanwhile we will be busy with the following performances
(below), so do come or listen in (if they are on the radio, that is) if
you are in the area.

IRIS GARRRELFS /  SI-CUT.DB
LIVE DATES / BROADCASTS

MAY 18
SI-CUT.DB cdr playback mix
Sirkus, Klapparstigur 30,
Reykjavik, Iceland

MAY 19
SI-CUT.DB live
SmekkleysaSM/BadTaste Gallery, Laugavegur 59
Reykjavik, Iceland. 5.30pm.
http://www.smekkleysa.net/

MAY 19
IRIS GARRELFS presentation
11.30am. Dana Centre, 165 Queen's Gate
South Kensington, London, SW7 5HD, UK
http://www.danacentre.org.uk

MAY 19
SPRAWL'S SMALL PIECES RADIO SHOW
presented by Iris Garrelfs 00:00 - 01:00 London time.
On Resonance FM 104.4 fm,
streamed at http://www.resonancefm.com

JUNE 3
SI-CUT.DB cdr playback mix
+ dj Sheikh Ahmed (Failme/Absorb)
+ dj Chinchilla (germany)
JULIA HAMILTON EXHIBITION OPENING 7pm -11pm FREE
Biddle Bros, 88 Lower Clapton Road,
London, E5 0QR, UK

JUNE 16
SPRAWL'S SMALL PIECES RADIO SHOW
presented by Douglas Benford. 00:00 - 01:00 London time.
On Resonance FM 104.4 fm,
streamed at http://www.resonancefm.com

JUNE 19
IRIS GARRELFS 4 channel performance
Sound & Anthropology conference
St Andrews University, St Andrews, Scotland

JUNE 23
IRIS GARRELFS 4 channel performance
Wormhole Saloon, Whitechapel gallery
80-82 Whitechapel High St, London, E1 7QX
http://www.whitechapel.org

JULY 1
IRIS GARRELFS 4 channel performance
South London Gallery, London 7.30pm FREE
http://www.southlondongallery.org

SEPT 21 tbc
SI-CUT.DB live
Vancouver, Canada

OCT date tbc
SI-CUT.DB + TENNIS live
w. Tim Hecker, Stendec
Paris, France

Nov 17
SI-CUT.DB live
TRANSIT 06 festival
Chiasso [Train Station] Switzerland

best wishes

Iris Garrelfs
http://www.irisgarrelfs.com
http://www.myspace.com/irisgarrelfs

si-cut.db [d.benford]
http://www.douglasbenford.co.uk
http://www.myspace.com/sicutdb

Mutek si-cut set now up, live in montreal '05:
http://www.samurai.fm/mutek/index.php

from

SPRAWL
http://www.sprawl.org.uk