[Microsound-announce] [playlist] sigtronica on 20060322

nick knouf nknouf at sigtronica.org
Sun Mar 26 20:36:31 EST 2006

------ playlist for sigtronica (http://sigtronica.org) on 20060322
------

I'm a bit late getting this playlist info out this week; due to a
DDoS at my DNS provider, access to sigtronica.org, as well as my
sigtronica.org e-mail, has been somewhat sporadic.  Sorry for anybody
who tried to access the website and was unable to; I'm working on
taking measures to add redundancy to help ensure that this doesn't
happen again.

I devoted the bulk of this show to a new (at least at the station)
live piece from Tony Conrad and Faust. Originally from 1995, the
piece was entitled “From The Side Of Man And Womankind” and is off of
the album Outside the Dream Syndicate ALIVE. Complete with shredded
and bleeding fingers, a brick smashed by a sledgehammer to end the
concert, and a near-riot (and no, this is not a Stravinsky reference)
by the audience, the sounds are what’s important. Relentless in its
intensity, I luckily didn’t receive any calls asking why the same
note was played for over ten minutes.

Thanks to all of you who have sent links to tracks for me to play;
with the show coming up on Wednesday, I hope to feature some of
these. Keep them coming!

1. Tomobiki by John Zorn. John Zorn’s Cobra :: Tokyo Operations ‘94.
Avant.
2. From The Side Of Man And Womankind by Tony Conrad with Faust.
Outside the Dream Syndicate Alive. Table of the Elements.
3. for c. by asher. two compositions. term.

Again, I'm always wanting to hear new music from experimental and
electronic musicians.  You can send links or tracks to me directly,
or send CDs, DVDs, and the so on to:

WMBR
c/o Nick Knouf
3 Ames St