[Microsound-announce] Fw: [Crónica] mail 032, 06.03.2006

gintas k gintaskr at takas.lt
Wed Mar 15 15:42:06 EST 2006

CRÓNICA MAIL 032
06.03.2006
http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

Crónica is proud to present two brand new releases:

GINTAS K
LENGVAI / 60 X ONE MINUTE AUDIO COLOURS OF 2KHZ SOUND
2CD, CRÓNICA 024~2006

CD1: Lengvai
01: Lengvai
02: Ilgiau Ilgiau
03: Kulgrinda
04: Koto
05: Early Set

Lengvai (eng. Easily) is the result of long-lasting sonic adventures
through experimental digital post-techno, rich scales of frequencies and
dynamics, from subtle to intense overladen structures. Lengvai is shaped
by luxurious compositional precision, driven under the sway of musical
intuition. Colorful hypnotizing beats, intersections of synthetic
textures with sharp and powerful melodic flows are organized into
polychromic soundscapes.

CD2: 60 x one Minute Audio Colours of 2kHz Sound
01:-60:

All sonic material is created from pure sound at the frequency of 2kHz,
compositionally modulated to rhythmical formations, microsound,
thrilling and rippling acoustic substance, diverse 2kHz "sound colours".
The colour spectrum becomes a metaphorical equivalent of sound
transformation. Sound at 2kHz is the axis of continuing composition, and
even when it moves towards white noise and seems to disappear, it is
still anyway sounding in THE background. The composition is oriented to
a wide scale of listening experiences: from lyrical moods to unbearable
noise. The integral composition has a clear and strict structure: audio
colours are changing periodically every single minute.

Cover art by Pedro Tudela.

VITOR JOAQUIM
FLOW
CD, CRÓNICA 025~2006

01: -08:
Moments of Your Time
Moments of Skin
Slow Moments
Moments of Sync
Thinking Moments
Moments of Silence
Moments of Emptiness
Misleading Moments

09: Flow (video by Lia)
[data track/quicktime]

Crónica is delighted to present an endless existential dive, the latest
release from Vitor Joaquim, Flow.

In the artist's own words, Flow is an exercice of confrontation, a
placing in context between voice and computer, all the idiosyncrasies of
bare-naked human expression, altered, expanded and processed beyond its
own flesh and blood. It also stages the possibilities and the
impossibilities of relationships, or at least tries to pose some
questions about the construction of our identity as a permanent
conversation with others, through emotions that flow from rational
collaborations in this record, with the beautiful and unsettling voice
of Filipa Hora and the guitars of João Hora and Emídio Buchinho. Its a
'go with the flow', a journey with people, through light and darkness,
together in an endless existential dive.

"The voice of Filipa Hora is heard saying... I think this is so
dangerous, this intimacy, i think... i think you're getting so close,
I think I'm gonna have to stop you from getting closer. I think I cannot
get so close and then... not be close, I think I'm close... I think I don't
want not to be close... "

Cover art by Lia, Vitor Joaquim and MCarvalhais.

BUY CRÓNICA FROM CRÓNICA

So you want to buy Crónica's releases but you can't find them around?
Now you can order all the editions directly from the source, just hop
to our website, make your choice and send us your email order that you
can pay with PayPal. It's that simple, really!

+ EVENTS

As always, for more information on Crónica's releases and events, just
point to http://www.cronicaelectronica.org
Subscribe the XML feed at feed://www.cronicaelectronica.org/cronica.xml
and in it you will find all the news from releases, performances or
whatever else may be worth of notice.

DISCLAIMER @
always in the end!
remove you. please do reply from the account that received this mail,
otherwise we'll never know who to remove.

http://www.cronicaelectronica.org