[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 24.02.06

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Mon Mar 6 17:45:04 EST 2006

framework broadcasts live fridays (except the first one of each month) on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 8-9pm gmt, and is repeated sundays from 7-8am gmt

http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

next live broadcast:    10.03.06
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

probably the least number of releases we've ever featured in a single show, all of the recordings played in this edition (apart from an intro recorded in my own home town by john saylor) came from 2 compilations we've gotten our hands on recently: a double cd release entitled insight by the malaysian label xing-wu, and a recent document of performances from Tune(Out)))side, in acra, ny in july of last year, entitled 8 sound works.  the disc was produced by ben owen in support of the new york society for acoustic ecology.  both discs feature a great selection of new and familiar names, and quite a lovely array of delicate found sounds and environments.

since there were only two releases, i have listed only the individual artists' details in the playlist below.  for the labels and related projects, see the following sites:

xing-wu: http://www.yat.ch/xingwu
8 sound works: http://nyacousticecology.org, http://free103point9.org, http://kavekavity.com

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.   we are also hoping to have live performances as often as possible, so if you are in or passing through london please get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

24.02.06

john saylor  /  framework intro
recorded at the top of peter's hill in the arnold arboretum, boston, ma, sunset, heavy storm clouds overhead
http://or8.net/~johns/

ea  /  200511r4  /  8 sound works  /  nysae
resonant tones, birds, and a watery storm of static swell and fade
http://ruccas.org/index.php?EA

yannick dauby  /  formless walking  /  insight  /  xing-wu
organic whistling and scraping footsteps through the snow
http://www.kalerne.net

ben owen  /  09st12  /  8 sound works  /  nysae
harmonic feedback, a warm drone and a submerged undercurrent
http://benowen.org

eric la casa, dan warburton & jean-luc guionnet  /  music station  /  insight  /  xing-wu
live environmental improv with violin and sax in the metro station pre st gervais, paris
http://ascendre.free.fr

michelle nagai & mike hallenbeck  /  divinity / nougat  /  8 sound works  /  nysae
echoing spaces with sudden sharpnesses, flutters and whispers
http://treetheater.org, http://juniorbirdman.com/archive

jeph jerman  /  grackles  /  insight  /  xing-wu
untreated recordings of these birds, gathered in great numbers in cottonwood, az
http://www.davidstanford.com/jerman

mnortham  /  epidermal filigree  /  insight  /  xing-wu
faraway drifting tone, and an elemental scraping
http://preg.org/~mnortham

mpld  /  summer sleepwalk / acra 05  /  8 sound works  /  nysae
composition for slide projector, found sounds, and other mechanics
http://m-i-c-r-o.net/mpld

lee kwang  /  stormy weather  /  insight  /  xing-wu
an urban stormscape with an almost imperceptible high-pitched tone
http://www.geocities.com/goddiscaslabel

andy graydon  /  moitié-vérités  /  8 sound works  /  nysae
a spacious rumbling gives way to nighttime's song and a collection of half-truths
http://andygraydon.net

loren chasse  /  script lichen  /  insight  /  xing-wu
composition for untreated elemental occurrences
http://www.23five.org/lchasse

edmund mooney  /  to the click  /  8 sound works  /  nysae
tonal feedback games and a crashing of close objects
http://edmundmooney.com

eric la casa  /  s'ombre part 3  /  insight  /  xing-wu
quiet ambience of echoing drips, clattering drops and bird voices
http://ascendre.free.fr

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!