[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 09.06.06

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Sun Jun 11 16:37:17 EDT 2006

framework broadcasts fridays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 8-9pm bst, and is repeated sundays from 7-8am bst

next broadcast:    16.06.06
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

a fine collection of work this week, including the first samplings of some recordings i've been making during my stay here in estonia - a local voice for our introduction, and a small floating dock on which i have been spending much of my time.  we also heard the third artist from cronica's product 06 cd that we began listening to a few weeks ago, several recordings (we may listen to a few more in the coming weeks) from room40's excellent incidental amplifications compilation, two extended excerpts from a wonderful sound collage by goh lee kwang (available for free download at the address below) and several tracks from a new release by a collection of scandinavians, lasse marhaug, joachim nordwall, and johannes helden (about whose whereabouts we've been wondering since his beautiful trente oiseaux release a few years ago).

next week's edition of framework:afield has been produced in limoges, france, by cedric peyronnet, aka toy.bizarre.  see http://www,ingeos.org for more info and access to an incredible archive of sound.  also remember you can now go to our website to stream the latest edition of framework, or for information on subscribing to our podcast.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.   we are also hoping to have live performances as often as possible, so if you are in or passing through london please get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

09.06.06

this edition will be rebroadcast on sunday, 18.06.06, at 7am bst
or listen online until 17.06.06: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

artist  /  title  /  album  /  label

siim algus  /  framework intro
recorded in the forest by the lake in the rain here in mooste, with local troublemaker siim...

chris watson, richard h. kirk & stephen malinder  /  runway o2e  /  incidental amplifications [compilation]  /  room40
two flying machines - one organic, one metallic, vie for our attention
http://www.chriswatson.net, http://www.richardhkirk.com, http://www.room40.org

illusion of safety  /  holding  /  of & the  /  soleilmoon
beautiful brooding excursion from their 1997 release
http://www.illusionofsafety.com, http://www.soleilmoon.com

cmilla hannon  /  part 3 (edit) from more songs about factories  /  incidental amplifications [compilation]  /  room40
songs about and made with factories, it seems
http://www.room40.org

murmer  /  mooste dock  /  -  /  -
the light creaking and splashings of a small float dock on the village lake
http://www.murmerings.com

goh lee kwang  /  radio session [excerpt 1]  /  sound of solitude  /  -
a mix of the artist's multi-cdr release originally made for freiradio, stuttgart, 05.05
www.geocities.com/gohleekwang, www.geocities.com/soundsofsolitude

helden marhaug nordwall  /  winter fire  /  when the ice is leaving, scandinavia is burning  /  firework editions
fire and ice textures with electrical crackling and machine hums
http://www.lassemarhaug.no, http://www.algonet.se/~tankred/fer.html

aaron ximm  /  sales pitch phase  /  incidental amplifications [compilation]  /  room40
a disorienting binaural swirl of amplified repetitive urban selling
http://www.quietamerican.org, http://www.room40.org

the beautiful schizophrenic  /  nympha (sleep is my favorite innocence)  /  product 06  /  cronica electronica
abstracted rumbling swell of unknown acoustic origins
jorgemantas at hotmail.com, http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

helden marhaug nordwall  /  the kings are made of ice  /  when the ice is leaving, scandinavia is burning  /  firework editions
minimal hydrophonic rhythm meets a syncopated clicking
http://www.lassemarhaug.no, http://www.algonet.se/~tankred/fer.html

brandon labelle  /  off site  /  incidental amplifications [compilation]  /  room40
quiet collage of untreated sounds, delineating their spaces of origin
http://www.errantbodies.org/labelle.html, http://www.room40.org

the beautiful schizophrenic  /  elektra (skywatcher)  /  product 06  /  cronica electronica
a steam hiss and distant insect-like swarming make way for their arrival
jorgemantas at hotmail.com, http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

le grand jeu  /  middle class guilt  /  incidental amplifications [compilation]  /  room40
harmonic but harsh tones and hisses as a herd of angry vacuum cleaners
http://www.room40.org

goh lee kwang  /  radio session [excerpt 2]  /  sound of solitude  /  -
a second, quieter sampling from the radio mix, available for download at the second address below
www.geocities.com/gohleekwang, www.geocities.com/soundsofsolitude

the beautiful schizophrenic  /  neina (is she dreaming me?)  /  product 06  /  cronica electronica
one last short echoing tremor from this collection of personalities
jorgemantas at hotmail.com, http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

helden marhaug nordwall  /  run naked through all burning forests
                                         when the ice is leaving, scandinavia is burning  /  when the ice is leaving, scandinavia is burning  /  firework editions
and together, the longest and shortest pieces from this work make a fine finale...
http://www.lassemarhaug.no, http://www.algonet.se/~tankred/fer.html

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!