[Microsound-announce] [Drone] [playlist] framework - 30.06.06 & 05.07.06

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Thu Jul 6 17:21:15 EDT 2006

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm bst

next broadcast:    12.07.06
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

nb: framework has a new airtime - we are now broadcasting wednesday afternoons at 1pm!  hopefully this change will bring us some new listeners, but if it doesn't suit you, fear not!  you can now listen to the latest edition of framework anytime from our website, or subscribe to our weekly podcast.  note as well that resonancefm's schedule of morning repeats has been temporarily suspended...

so - catching up with two shows in this playlist, as we've just had our crossover to our new timeslot.  we bid a fond farewell to our long-held friday slot on the 30th with our most recent edition of framework:afield, produced in cottonwood, az, by jeph jerman (http://www.davidstanford.com/jerman), and quickly settled in to our new wednesday slot a few days later with our latest normal edition, featuring more sounds from mooste, estonia, as well as new and old recordings by francisco lopez, giancarlo toniutti, dallas simpson in collaboration with cyberpunk author kenji siratori, ora, leif elggren, and a few more tracks from the incidental amplifications compilation.  below you'll find the details for both shows, starting with jeph's edition of framework:afield.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

30.06.06

(all recordings unreleased)

jeph jerman  /  hello
recorded in my studio with baby monitor in the background
http://www.davidstanford.com/jerman

dave knott  /  trip to install
car ride to the gallery to install public instruments
sonocern at earthlink.net

steve brand  /  under sw blvd overpass
one of my favorite underbridge recordings
http://www.stevebrand.net

glen norman  /  bamboo
wonderful creaky raspy, yeah

jeff sampson  /  walk in tiananmen park
a very old tape from an old friend, musicians practice people talk
http://www.burningshirt.com

brandon labelle  /  the sound mirror
a large concrete structure left over from ww2, a flock of geese fly over
blabelle at earthlink.net

leny puksar  /  two untitled recordings
field recordings or performances?
lenypuksar at hotmail.com

eamon sprod  /  frogs at hepburn spring
australian frog chorus

greg davis  /  hunter creek
stereo recordings of three locations
gregorytylerdavis at gmail.com

eric la casa  /  blast furnace
another old one
http://ascendre.free.fr

dave knott  /  rain and thunder
full circle with mr. knott, a storm in boise, id
sonocern at earthlink.net

akifumi nakajima  /  the song of a priest in the hall
from chioin temple in kyoto japan

05.07.06

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

framework intro  /  leny puksar
great abstract narrative recording - more to come in future shows
www.lenypuksar.ch

dzo  /  untitled  /  incidental amplifications [compilation]  /  room40
unidentifiable seemingly untreated rumblings recording
http://www.room40.org

francisco lopez  /  untitled #164 [extract]  /  untitled #164  /  unsounds
deep pitch treatments and arrangements
http://www.franciscolopez.net, http://www.unsounds.com

murmer  /  rain on fire  /  -  /  -
untreated recording of rain falling and popping on the smouldering embers of a leaf-fire
http://www.murmerings.com

leif elggren  /  hiv  /  virulent images virulent sound  /  firework edition
claimed to be constructed from 'micro-recordings' of viruses made in a government lab in libya
http://www.fireworkeditionrecords.com

m. rosner  /  may0105  /  incidental amplifications [compilation]  /  room40
rattles, rumbles, insects and heartbeats
http://www.room40.org

giancarlo toniutti  /  awijagandeng monni  /  the sound of nature the nature of sound [compilation]  /  kaon
pulsating whistles and metallic scrapings from this rare late recorded appearance
http://www.soundohm.com/toniutti.htm, http://www.kaon.org

leif elggren  /  lassa  /  virulent images virulent sound  /  firework edition
another libyan virus recording - do we choose to believe?
http://www.fireworkeditionrecords.com

murmer  /  water trilogy  /  -  /  -
mix of 3 recordings of a single stream in mooste, estonia
http://www.murmerings.com

thembi soddell  /  watching  /  incidental amplifications [compilation]  /  room40
beautiful static states from abstracted natural recordings
http://cajid.com/thembi, http://www.room40.org

ora & alio die  /  autumn cove  /  the door of possibilities  /  hic sunt leones
seaside sounds, horns, masts, and chiming pipes from 1993
http://icrdistribution.com/ora.htm, http://www.aliodie.com

dallas simpson & kenji siratori  /  environmental infaction mutation : breast womb play / genetic toy   [extract]  /  -  /  -
dallas' environmental acoustic treatment of recorded spoken word by this japanese american author
http://www.dallasmasters.co.uk/dallas, http://www.kenjisiratori.com

francisco lopez  /  untitled #164 [extract]  /  untitled #164  /  unsounds
a second, rarely rhythmic extract composed from knocks scrapes and breaths
http://www.franciscolopez.net, http://www.unsounds.com

leif elggren  /  mumps  /  virulent images virulent sound  /  firework edition
one last chance - firework editions accepts no responsibility for illness caused by this cd
http://www.fireworkeditionrecords.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/ZxJolB/TM