[Microsound-announce] contest/royalty-free samples for manglin'

Andrew Duke andrew at andrew-duke.com
Fri Feb 24 11:20:27 EST 2006

Microsounders:
A new round of the sound design/production class I'm teaching
(called Making Music With Computers by the college, thus
MMWC for short) started Tuesday night; I'm making some of my
audio-files-for-manglin' available for these students.  I'm also
making them available to anyone else who wants to use 'em (links
below).  They're royalty-free and you're free to use them as
you wish; here's the download info:
http://andrew-duke.com/MMWCassignment1audio.zip
http://andrew-duke.com/MMWCassignment2audio.zip

Course info: http://andrew-duke.com/course.html

All I ask is that if you use any of my samples in anything that you post
a link so
we can check out the results. Yesterday, I got an email from the
person who designed audio for the promo for the episode of Survivorman
that is airing on the Discovery Science channel this Saturday night
saying that he used some of the my above fx in creating the promo,
so that was exciting to hear (especially considering that I am a big
fan of that TV show--one of the few bits of TV I watch, actually).

A production contest of sorts has been set up by one of the members
on the mnml.nl forum using the above samples I made; here's the thread
if you'd like to read more and/or join in; would be great to get some
microsounders involved in this contest; at present there is an uptempo
rhythmic piece submitted and also a beautiful minimal dark ambient
piece; again, more info about it all here:
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6802

Happy music-makin'/sound-designin'.
Andrew

--