[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 29th November 2006 (Scott Smallwood, Accretions)

Simon Hampson mlist at symbiosis.com.au
Tue Dec 5 14:54:02 EST 2006

Symbiosis
Wednesday 10pm - 12am
Melbourne, Australia
102.7 FM Triple R

Streaming live online at: http://www.rrr.org.au/
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/symbiosisradio
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/coishii

with Simon Hampson

A journey through experimental sound textures and rhythms.

Headphones recommended.

I am always looking for new sounds. Drop me an email or give me a call on
the show - I would love to hear from you.

Email: simon at symbiosis.com.au

--

Hi folks,

A great edition of Symbiosis last week... We finished off November with two
long form features. In the first hour, a look at the sonic universe of Scott
Smallwood. And in the second hour, the Symbiosis Label Focus looked at San
Diego label Accretions.

This week:

6th December 2006: The monthly new release show.. a selection of the sounds
that have been flying across the Symbiosis desk and hard drive for the last
month or so.

In the pipeline: NMA Tapes retrospective, 2006 recap

And coming up in the new year: Esa Ruoho (Lackluster), Aidan Baker, Aaron
Ximm, RF

Have a great week,

Simon.

Symbiosis Playlist - 29th November 2006

Two features tonight:

In the first hour.. Scott Smallwood was born in Dallas, Texas, and grew up
at 10,000 feet in elevation in the Colorado Rockies. When Smallwood was 10
years old, he received his first tape recorder, and ever since he has been
fascinated by the possibilities of recorded sound. Currently based in New
Jersey, Smallwood's work deals with real and abstracted sound textures based
on a practice of listening, improvisation, and phonography. Scott is
currently a doctoral fellow in the music department of Princeton University.

And in the second hour.. The Symbiosis label focus returns with a look at
San Diego label Accretions.

Accretions is an artist-based independent music label with an ear towards
experimental, improvisational and global sounds.

Scott Smallwood: http://www.music.princeton.edu/~skot/main.html
Accretions: http://www.accretions.com/
Marcos Fernades: http://www.marcosfernandes.com/

Artist :: Track :: Album/Link :: Label (if applicable)

Scott Smallwood :: rusted womb of bomber :: Desert Winds :: Deep Listening

Scott Smallwood :: blending :: Fossil Fields :: n/a

Scott Smallwood interview

Scott Smallwood :: passion :: Many Voices (Leaf 019) :: Autumn Records

Scott Smallwood :: portatherm :: Electrotherapy :: Deep Listening
(early 20th century devices)

Scott Smallwood interview (cont.)

Scott Smallwood :: IAS golf median :: Brood X :: Wavelet Records (5.28)

Evidence :: aurora viaduct :: Out Of Town :: Deep Listening
(with Stephan Moore)

Scott Smallwood interview (cont.)

Scott Smallwood :: the permian basin :: Fossil Fields :: n/a

Symbiosis Label Focus - Accretons (25 min)

Robert M :: sinestre :: Robert M :: Accretions

Interview with Marcos Fernandes

Marcos Fernandes, Hans Fjellestad, Haco, Jakob Riis :: awake :: Haco Hans
Jakob Marcos :: Accretions

Damon Holzborn :: e. digest :: Trummerflora Rubble 2 :: Accretions

Santo Subito :: whole trees in motion :: Xavier :: Accretions

Interview with Marcos Fernandes (cont.)

Marcos Fernandes :: live: ready for the revolution (excerpt) :: Live at
Edgetone Music Summit 2006

Interview with Marcos Fernandes (cont.)

Hans Fjellestad :: french door bird :: Snails Are Sexy :: Accretions

The Phonographers Union :: 6 :: Live On Sonarchy Radio :: Accretions