[Microsound-announce] vague terrain this sat. w/ noah pred, naw, b kawula

Neil Wiernik neil at phoniq.net
Tue Apr 25 20:04:19 EDT 2006

Friends,

It's time for the monthly vague reminder about our event this month.
This Saturday we'll be at our usual digs at the Artbar at the Gladstone
hotel with a night built around a live performance from Noah Pred.  Noah
is quite accomplished as both a DJ and producer, and while he has been
playing some high profile gigs around town alongside artists like Daniel
Bell and Sleeparchive nobody has had him play live yet.  Vague Terrain
resident Naw has been hard at work on his second full length for Noise
Factory Record, so you can expect his set to be full of the new material
he has been working on.  Also on board is B. Kawula a dub/minimal techno
producer who was one of the members of the Bit_Rock Alumnae production
crew and Vague Terrain resident selector ether.mann.  We also will be
featuring live generative video courtesy of Mantissa.

event details:

saturday april 29th, vague terrain presents...

noah pred - http://www.metapathrecordings.com/ / http://www.noahpred.com
naw - http://www.noisefactoryrecords.com
b. kawula - http://www.bitrockalumnae.com/
dj / ether.mann - http://www.serialconsign.com
video / mantissa - http://www.mantissa.ca

art bar.gladstone hotel
1214 queen street west
toronto.canada
$5 / 9pm - 3am

full details/artist bios available at
http://www.vagueterrain.net/content/events.html

--

We should also mention that this will be our last monthly at the art  bar.
  We are going to take the next few months to focus on developing  the
journal both technically and in terms of it's profile in the network  of
print and web publications we consider interesting.  We've been quite
fortunate over the past few months and have received quite a bit of  press
from publications like The Wire and Earplug as well as the
expected supported from the online arts community, and we've got some
pretty amazing content lined up for vague terrain 03: generative art
which will be launched in June. This has made us realize that we really
need to develop what we have proposed with these first issues of Vague
Terrain.  To that end, Greg is currently researching various content
management systems and the site will be rebuilt with a completely new  PHP
driven architecture in the next few months which will also feature  an
arts/media/music related blog to compliment the journal content with  a
steady flow of information to compliment the quarterly.  We're also
planning on an active presence at Mutek this year in hopes of scouting
out more interesting audio artists to feature as contributors to the
journal.  We're not dead in the water regarding events though, we've  just
decided that we'd rather do a few larger, more focused events a  year then
a monthly.  So a huge thank you is in order to everyone that  has
supported our night, it's pretty amazing that we have had such a
consistent turn out over the past six months with little more then
e-promotion and posters in a few choice record stores.

Hope to see you out on Saturday,

Greg Smith & Neil Wiernik
editors/curators
http://www.vagueterrain.net