[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 16.09.05

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Mon Sep 19 16:17:52 EDT 2005

framework broadcasts live every friday (except the first one of each month) on resonance104.4fm  in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com between 8:30 and 9:30pm bst, and is repeated the following wednesday between 11:00am and 12:00 noon bst

http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

next broadcast: 16.09.05
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

a last minute special guest in the studio this week; seth nehil, at the beginning of several months of european travels, joined us in the studio to present several parts of a new unreleased work composed from a series of recordings taken in new york city's chinatown.  seth will be in europe for several months and will play several gigs in italy, both solo and with collaborator jgrzinich, so, for our italian listeners, keep your eyes peeled for details!

seth's visit was preceded by another chunk of sounds from our stacks - we've just about waded through everything that sat home waiting for us during our travels, and we will soon begin delving into the material we collected while away.  this week one of jgrzinich's two excellent recent releases shared it's resonances with one of dallas simpson's seascapes, and an extremely collaborative dale lloyd.  his new con-v release, amalgam, features 11 collaborations with 11 different artists in it's 11 different tracks - unfortunately, if the cd i was sent came with info on which tracks are with which collaborator (and it may well have) i no longer have it; nor was i able to find detailed track info online, so i'm afraid i don't know which collaborations i played.  if anyone knows based on the track numbers, please let me know, and i'll credit those artists retrospectively...

lastly, a public service announcement: it has come to our attention that ubuweb is back online - if you don't know about this resource, it is well worth checking out.  have a browse at http://www.ubuweb.com and you'll see what we mean.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.   we are also hoping to have live performances as often as possible, so if you are in or passing through london please get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

09.09.05

this edition will be rebroadcast this wednesday, 21.09.05, at 11:00am bst

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

phill harding  /  framework intro
recorded at 4:30am inside an airing cupboard in thornton, uk
phill at klang.fsnet.co.uk

dale lloyd & various artists  /  track 3  /  amalgam  /  con-v
jittering fragments come to a deep rumble of airy contemplation
http://www.con-v.org, http://www.and-oar.org/dalelloyd.html

jgrzinich  /  .e 27 : n 58  /  insular regions  /  sirr.ecords
metallic resonances in a building tonal tension leading towards a second portal
http://maaheli.ee, http://www.sirr-ecords.com

dallas simpson  /  port erin  /  -  /  -
a fine seascape environmental improv from a framework regular
http://www.waterpump.f9.co.uk

dale lloyd & various artists  /  track 6
                                           track 11  /  amalgam  /  con-v
nervousness and crickets in the first instance make way for a layer of ventilated density
http://www.con-v.org, http://www.and-oar.org/dalelloyd.html

seth nehil  /  live presentation in the resonancefm studios
seth joined us in the studio to speak about and play several parts of a new as-yet-unreleased project
s_nehil at yahoo.com, http://www.kaon.org/seth_nehil/pages/index2.htm

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!