[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 21.10.05

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Mon Oct 24 16:41:21 EDT 2005

framework broadcasts live every friday (except the first one of each month) on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 8-9pm bst, and is repeated the following wednesday from 10-11am bst

http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

next broadcast: 28.10.05
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

another edition of few and long presentations, including two releases from the excellent swiss cloud of statics label (which together with orogenetics and soundmirror make up cloudmirror) - one from their series of short works, by spiracle, and another from the long works (in exquisite hard-bound packaging) by jgrzinich.  we also heard some excellent unpublished work by another of our new acquaintances from our recent journeys, the latvian composer makims sentelevs, aka my-ym, from his project the mole.  also present were two other repeating framework offenders - one last track from the collection of unpublished compositions sent to us by french composer emmanuel mieville, and, after so many of his wonderful untreated field recordings, a sampling of jeph jerman's live presence, as released by anomalous records (r.i.p.).

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.   we are also hoping to have live performances as often as possible, so if you are in or passing through london please get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

21.10.05

this edition will be rebroadcast this wednesday, 26.10.05, at 10am bst

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

bobby hick & phill harding  /  framework intro
recorded on a trampoline in a barn at spring hill farm, thornton, uk
phill at klang.fsnet.co.uk

spiracle  /  iris  /  iris  /  cloud of statics
organic groaning found objects and field recordings spiral down...
http://www.cloudmirror.org

emmanuel mieville  /  mort de la phalene  /  flutter soundscapes  /  -
delicate natural soundscapes, flash and flutter, scratch into our ears...
http://emieville.free.fr

jeph jerman  /  the second attention  /  the second attention  /  anomalous records
live document of one of jerman's incredible live performances, recorded in 1999
http://www.davidstanford.com/jerman

my-ym  /  part four [underground]  /  the mole  /  -
latvian composer's 'maximal' composition, digging and burrowing, and ringing behind you...
my-ym at inbox.lv

jgrzinich  /  call of a brazen corona  /  equal and distant lines  /  cloud of statics
deep and distant sounding metal, the door opens to disturb the balance
http://maaheli.ee, http://www.cloudmirror.org

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!