[Microsound-announce] monastic news 30-11-05

gwei solo gweisolo at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 05:04:18 EST 2005

Forgive us; it’s been a while.  Some exciting news
from the tripel towers.

Our picture plate release is finally in the shops
after having
travelled a staggering distance. Special thanks to
Gaeoudjiparl (Goodiepal) for escorting it both
physically and sonically from his Faroe Island abode
to ‘Dubplates and Mastering in Berlin where Pole
apperently works. The audiotapes were mastered and cut
to lacquer before making its way to the Czech Republic
for manufacturing. The magic 12'ves are now safely at
Office Tripel and a good supply have now been sent to
numerous
distributors and shops.

This split LP features 15 compositional shorts by UM
and 1 plunder collage by Ascoltare, plus selected
Gordon Ramsay rants cut for your pleasure.  To view
the record and read our press please go here.
http://www.tripelrecords.com/releases/um-ascoltare-picture-disk.php.

The UM’s side gathers the best of his self- released
classic Giraffe. Vague comparisons have been made to
artists such as Vivian Stanshaw, Syd Barrett, Solex,
Harco Pront, Voks, The Residents, Meadow House and
even Kool Keith. However UM’s work is not easy to pin
down. Although there are some distinguishable
reference points to be considered, many comparisons
don't particularly hold up and should be argued
against whilst hearing UM's music.

On the flip Ascoltare collates samples from reality TV
chefs and binds together a mixture of musique concrete
styles with yokes found within free composition and
improv. Eccentric organ licks and music-library
inspired textures float effortlessly around meaty
montages of Iron Chef Judges and British foodies.
Added ingredients include Rick Stein, Keith Floyd and
Gordon Ramsey all of who undergo the pitch up & down
treatment.

This record will be streamed by The Wire magazine
http://www.thewire.co.uk. We will keep you posted as
to when this
happens.

A lovely review of this record can be found here.
http://www.sonicartsnetwork.org/diffusion/diffusion_19_10_05.htm

All of Tripel/Dubbel’s catalogue can be purchased @
our paypal shop as well as a small selection of other
records which we’ve stumbled across. Please visit
http://www.tripelrecords.com/shop/tripel.php

Ascoltare interview.
http://www.ireallylovemusic.co.uk/interviews/ascoltare.html

UM on O’Rourke