[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 18.11.05

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Mon Nov 21 13:57:16 EST 2005

ramework broadcasts live every friday (except the first one of each month) on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 8-9pm gmt, and is repeated the following wednesday from 10-11am gmt

http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

next repeat edition:    23.11.05
next live broadcast:    25.11.05
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

a dense program tonight, with many textural layers from many different directions.  tonight's playlist was dominated by a single package that came through the post; a single label that sent along an array of suitable material.  new zealand's pseudo arcana sent more material than we could cover in one show, including a new release from our well missed framework co-founder joel stern and his collaborator anthony guerra.  also featured is material by edward ruchalski and label boss anthony milton (p.o.w), as well as his collaboration with another label boss, that of celebrate psi phenomena.  we also heard the rest of keith de mendonca's kefalonia recordings, the last of our pile of new releases on nonvisual object (this one by roel meelkop - a disc constructed entirely from material created for sound installations), and finally managed to listen to a cassette submission we've been carrying around for months (causing the rice glued to the case to drop off all over the place) by rinus van alebeek.

any it's time for my occasional plea - i am out of framework introductions, people, so now's the time!  if you've got a moment to record an intro, or if you're planning on sending in other material and would consider recording an intro as well, do it!  the first person to send me an intro mp3 can be guaranteed to have it featured in this friday's show, so on your marks!  guidelines below...

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.   we are also hoping to have live performances as often as possible, so if you are in or passing through london please get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

11.11.05

this edition will be rebroadcast this wednesday, 23.11.05, at 10am gmt

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

keith de mendonca  /  framework intro
the sea at paradise beach, kefalonia
http://www.dismbody.demon.co.uk

stern/guerra  /  outdoor bowers  /  outdoor bowers  /  pseudo arcana
guerra's resonant tones meet stern's crackle and captured birdsong
http://www.pseudoarcana.com

(p.o.w)  /  4am   /  northwest frontier province  /  pseudo arcana
layered untreated recordings from gilgit, pakistan, 1999
http://www.pseudoarcana.com

rinus van alebeek  /  side one  /  taoist attack  /  -
gritty, grainy found sound and voices composed to a fine rumble
http://emc.yserv.com/103

edward ruchalski  /  part two  /  having it out  /  pseudo arcana
poetically inspired rambling rumble
http://www.geocities.com/rchlsk/ed.html, http://www.pseudoarcana.com

roel meelkop  /  am birkenwald  /  momentum  /  nonvisual objects
high insect pitches allow the arrival of clean static bursts
http://www.nonvisualobjects.com

rinus van alebeek  /  side two  /  taoist attack  /  -
on side two we find ourselves with radio and more disembodied voices
http://emc.yserv.com/103

keith de mendonca  /  finch dawn chorus
                                 town rising            /  -  /  -
more flighty and watery untreated kefalonian recordings making our mixed backdrop
http://www.dismbody.demon.co.uk

czechoslovakia  /  track two  /  with throats as fine as needles  /  celebrate psi phenomena
slow slow droning textures recorded  in abandoned artillery bunkers and tunnels in hills
http://www.spsip.co.nz

roel meelkop  /  locgroove  /  momentum  /  nonvisual objects
more contrasting textural statics and rumbles from a 2002 installation
http://www.nonvisualobjects.com

stern/guerra  /  avierys  /  outdoor bowers  /  pseudo arcana
birds, windlike breath, distant rings and finger fumbling
http://www.pseudoarcana.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!