[Microsound-announce] tovsky fall/winter

bruce tovsky bruce at skeletonhome.com
Sat Nov 12 01:20:02 EST 2005

Hello all
a friendly reminder of some upcoming events. for those of you
within striking distance of paris i am offering a cash prize
for the best photo of ETHER at the Rencontres Internationales
festival next week. wish i could be there. i'm also excited
about ETHER being selected for the Impakt Festival in Utrecht,
The Netherlands. ditto on the prize for pix there.
for those close to brooklyn, i am workshopping my UNDERPASSS
piece as an installation at my space 106BLDG30 in the navy yard.
this installation features sound recorded at the Issue Project
Room live performance, featuring special guests John Hudak and
Brooks Williams.

|| | ||||| | || |||||| || | ||||| | || ||| || |||| || ||| |||

FALL/WINTER 2005

|| | ||||| | || |||||| || | ||||| | || ||| || |||| || ||| |||

NOVEMBER  \  NEW YORK

11/13 and 11/20  Noon to 4pm  ***SOLO INSTALLATION***
Underpass video/sound installation at 106BLDG30
in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.

Scroll down for directions.

NOVEMBER  \  PARIS

my video/sound piece ETHER has been selected for the Rencontres
Internationales
festival in paris. here's the info:

The Rencontres internationales Paris/Berlin is due to take place from
the
15th to the 27th of November in Paris at Jeu de Paume, the Centre
culturel
suédois, at Cinéma l'Entrepôt, at l'Ecole nationale supérieure des
beaux-arts, at Point Ephémère, and in 4 subway stations.
You are cordially invited to come to the Festival opening on the 15th of
November at the Centre culturel suédois from 6pm.

|||| || || |||||| ||| || | | | ||||| | |||| | ||| | || |||| ||

DECEMBER  \  SAN FRANCISCO

12/28 @ The Hemlock Tavern 9pm
Improvisations with Matt Davignon.

12/29 @ The Luggage Store Gallery 9pm
Improvisations with Dominic Cramp.

12/30 @ 21 Grand 9pm
Improvisations with Kim Cascone.

DECEMBER \ LA

1/7 @ Il Corral ?pm
Improvisations with David Kendall

DECEMBER \ UTRECHT

The 16th Impakt Festival will take place from 7 to 11 December on
various locations in Utrecht. The program of the Impakt Festival 2005
is not dominated by a single theme but features various thematic lines.
Nevertheless, there is clearly something that all these programs have
in common. They are all ‘Adventures in Sound and Image’.

||||| || || |||| || | ||||| || ||| ||| | | ||||| | ||| | |||| ||

DIRECTIONS

||||| || || |||| || | ||||| || ||| ||| | | ||||| | ||| | |||| ||

BROOKLYN

Scroll down for Brooklyn Navy Yard directions.

SAN FRANCISCO

The Hemlock Tavern 1131 Polk Street, between Post & Sutter.
www.hemlocktavern.com

The Luggage Store Gallery 1007 Market Street near 6th in
downtown San Francisco.  415.255.5971
www.luggagestoregallery.org

21 Grand 416 25th St. Oakland, CA 94612  510.444.7263
www.21grand.org

LOS ANGELES

Il Corral 662 N. Heliotrope Dr. (just south of Melrose) Los Angeles, CA
90004

||||| || || |||| || | ||||| || ||| ||| | | ||||| | ||| | |||| ||

BROOKLYN NAVY YARD \ BUILDING 30 \ 106BLDG30

Brooklyn Navy Yard Directions

At the guard house, tell them you're going to building 30,
nycreative suite 106. they will direct you.

FROM MANHATTAN:
Off the Brooklyn Bridge:
Take the Bridge to the end. At the traffic light, make a left onto
Tillary Street. After a few blocks you will see the entrance ramp to
the Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE) rise in front of you. Don't take
it. Instead, bear right and continue on Tillary Street. After the next
light Tillary becomes Park Avenue. Continue on Park Avenue and make a
left at Cumberland Street. Cumberland Street takes you to the Main Gate
of the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Ask for assistance at the gate to your final
destination in the Navy Yard.

Off the Manhattan Bridge:
At the first traffic light, make a right onto Tillary Street. Continue
on Tillary Street until you reach Jay Street. Make a right turn onto
Jay. Continue on Jay until you reach Sand Street. Make a right onto
Sand Street. Continue on Sand Street until you reach the dead end at
Navy Street. Make a right onto Navy. Drive one block. make a left onto
Flushing Avenue. Proceed down Flushing Avenue until you reach
Cumberland Street. Make a left into the Yard.

Off the Williamsburg Bridge:
Take the outer roadway on the Bridge. Take the first exit to Broadway
(West) and bear right at the fork. Continue on Broadway until the end
of the road. At traffic light make a left onto Kent Avenue. Take Kent
Avenue to Clymer Street. At traffic light make a right turn into the
Navy Yard. Ask for assistance at the gate to your final destination in
the Navy Yard.

FROM QUEENS:
Take the Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE) to Exit 31. Continue for two
blocks and make a right onto Kent Avenue. Continue to first traffic
light (at Clymer Street). Make a left turn into the Clymer Street and
Kent Avenue Gate. Ask for assistance at the gate to your final
destination in the Navy Yard.

FROM STATEN ISLAND, NEW JERSEY OR BAY RIDGE:
Take the Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE) to the Flushing Avenue Exit.
Make a left onto Flushing Avenue. Continue on Flushing until Clinton
Avenue. The Clinton Avenue Gate is on your right. Ask for assistance at
the gate to your final destination in the Navy Yard.

BY MASS TRANSIT

BUS LINES - B48, B57, B61, B69
Take the B57 or the B69 to Cumberland Street and Flushing Avenue.
Take the B61 to Vanderbilt and Park Avenues and walk one block to
Flushing Avenue.
Take the B48 to Flushing Avenue and Classon Avenue. Walk under the
overpass on Flushing. Continue down Flushing Avenue until you reach
Cumberland St. The gate is on your right.
Take the B48 to Flushing and Franklin Avenues. Then take the B57 going
to Downtown Fulton to Flushing and Cumberland St.

TRAINS - A, C, F and G
Take A or C train to High Street/Brooklyn Bridge. Then take the B69 to
Cumberland Street and Flushing Avenue. Take the F train to York Street.
Catch the B69 at Sands and Gold Streets going toward Windsor Terrace.
Get off at Cumberland and Flushing Avenue.

Take the G train to Clinton/Washington Avenue. Walk down Lafayette
Avenue. Make a left on Clinton Avenue. Continue on Clinton until you
get to Flushing Avenue. Make a right on Flushing and walk to Cumberland
St. Enter through this gate.

Security will direct you to your final destination from each gate.

bruce tovsky
www.skeletonhome.com

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick