[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 24.06.05

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Tue Jun 28 18:29:58 EDT 2005

framework broadcasts live every friday (except the first one of each month) on resonance104.4fm  in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com between 8:30 and 9:30pm bst, and is repeated the following wednesday between 11:00am and 12:00 noon bst

http://www.resonancefm.com/framework for info and archive (coming soon!)

next live broadcast: 08.07.05
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

well, back from a momentarily very wet, but overall rather pleasing glastonbury festival - hardly made it out of our crew area, as usual, but had a good time mingling amongst the customers of our swanky establishment, and even met up with another resonance presenter, mic in hand, who managed to blag a free sample from the dessert trolley to eat on-air for an upcoming clearspot.  he also promised to record up an intro and send some festival sounds for the show, so maybe an upcoming framework glastonbury special!  the sounds of washed out tents floating away, perhaps...

in this show we heard sounds from the great wildlife recordist douglas quin, from an amazing collection of antarctica recordings; we also heard a wonderful new cd by loren chasse on ex-framework presenter joel stern's naturestrip label, had another listen to the wonderful new dead letters spell out dead words cd on con-v, and sampled sounds from pablo reche & ubeboet, prolific framework contributor keith de mendonca, and rolf julius.

if you haven't already, do drop in and have a gander at the new framework website - plenty of info including a full playlist archive from the past years of broadcasting, and coming soon an on demand stream of the latest program.  it's at http://www.resonancefm.com/framework, or by following the 'radio' link on my website, http://www.murmerings.com.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.   we are also hoping to have live performances as often as possible, so if you are in or passing through london please get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

24.06.05
this edition will be rebroadcast this wednesday, 29.06.05, at 11:00am bst

artist  /  title  /  album  /  label

chris weaver  /  framework intro
provided by resonancefm's very own station manager chris weaver, a sneak peak into the daily sounds of mission control
chris at resonancefm.com

douglas quin  /  weddell seals (mothers and pups)  /  antarctica  /  wild sanctuary
like chris watson's laughing hippos, this is a recording that just makes me giggle...
http://www.dqmedia.com, http://www.wildsanctuary.com

dead letters spell out dead words  /  tracks 13 - 15  /  no words  /  con-v
the final section of this wondeful organic sound opus, more crunch and ripping drone
http://www.deadwords.org, http://www.con-v.org

loren chasse  /  the tree on the sky  /  the air in the sand  /  naturestrip
composition made from ambient re-recording of found sounds and objects in various locations
http://www.23five.org/lchasse, http://www.naturestrip.com

reche - ubeboet  /  littoral  /  coll.01 ep  /  zeromoon
field recording drones and washing rumbles from this spanish - argentinean collaboration
http://www.pabloreche.com.ar, http://www.zeromoon.com, http://www.con-v.org/ube

keith de mendonca  /  electrical activity  /  -  /  -
constructed from field recordings of urban electromagnetic radiation
http://www.dismbody.demon.co.uk

douglas quin  /  at the sea ice edge  /  /  antarctica  /  wild sanctuary
incredible almost unnatural-sounding underwater recordings of leopard and weddell seals and orcas
http://www.dqmedia.com, http://www.wildsanctuary.com

rolf julius  /  der klangzaun  /  klangbogen (small music vol. 2)  /  small music
natural sounds, electronic chirps, insects, birds water - a wonderful cacophony
http://www.medienkunstnetz.de/artist/julius/biography

loren chasse  /  the air in the sand  /  the air in the sand  /  naturestrip
calming airborn opening track, location awareness vs otherwordly imaginings
http://www.23five.org/lchasse, http://www.naturestrip.com

rolf julius  /  der bach  /  klangbogen (small music vol. 2)  /  small music
untreated babbling brook recording to lull us out...
http://www.medienkunstnetz.de/artist/julius/biography

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!