[Microsound-announce] adozen.org :: netaudio :: adz002 & adz003

marc at adozen.org marc at adozen.org
Thu Jul 28 16:45:24 EDT 2005

adozen.org :: netaudio :: adz002 & adz003
http://adozen.org :: mail at adozen.org

adz003 - larkian - droxma_1
for the first solo release on our young netlabel, we welcome the young but
skilled larkian from lausanne, switzerland. he delivers a beautifully
crafted 24 + minutes piece of music, based on guitar sounds and feedbacks.

adz002 - various artists - a baker's dozen [part 2]
our 13 tracks compilation in 2 parts is now complete. 8 artists contributed
to this second part with 7 exclusive tracks.

once again different artists in terms of style, country, age... teamed up
to bring you an insight on the sound approach(es) we appreciate. you can
now savour a consistent blend of sounds that definitely set a direction for
our young netlabel. download and enjoy.

- dalglish (US)
aka o.s.t. on adz001, is releasing breathtaking music since 1991. chris
douglas and his unmatchable style are still onboard.

- tomas korber (CH)
is a swiss-spanish composer and improviser. after a beautiful concert in
switzerland, he enthusiastically accepted to produce a track for our almost
non-existing netlabel at that time and we are really pleased to welcome his
work. he has written various compositions and played improvised music since
the early 90ties with numerous collaborators like günter müller, norbert
möslang, otomo yoshihide, jason kahn, erikm, steinbrüchel and many others.

- radboud mens & mvk (NL)
an awaited collaboration between two dutch artists delivering high quality
music since many years. radboud mens, from amsterdam, is a sound-artist for
more than 20 years now. his work is rooted in and continues to develop
within the broadest definition of contemporary music. mvk (matthijs v.
kouw) already produced a track for the first part of "a baker's dozen", and
will surely provide some more. he has presented his work in multiple
contexts like film, dance, theatre, radio shows and collaborations.

- prell (HU)
prell (peter márton) is the second budapest based artist contributing to
this compilation. like his long-time friend TIGRICS (on adz001!), he is a
former member of the band rianás, which decided to put things on hold for
an indefinite time in 2000. prell played extensively during the last few
years, his sound ranging from industrial to ambient.

- spiracle (JP)
spiracle: an aperture for breathing, such as a whale's blowhole, the
opening behind the eye of sharks, rays, and skates, or the tracheal
openings on the sides of the bodies of certain insects and spiders.

- mnortham (US)
presumably doesn't need to get introduced. the artistic trajectory of this
nomadic sound artist has been a gradual process extending from early
actionist performances that explored what makes 'an environment' alive with
intention, to current 'sound actions', field recordings explorations and
compost(itions). michael northam is currently living in switzerland and
working on the cloudmirror project. cloudmirror has been established to
research, commission, record, publish and re-issue the work of artists and
composers working to expand and explore the palate and definition of sound
as an immense and untapped field of art as phenomena and experience.

- heimo lattner (AT)
 heimo lattner is a visual and sound artist currently living in berlin. he
collaborates since 1999 with erin mc gonigle and rene gabri as
e-Xplo_e-Xplo develops maps, routes, sound and film materials as
reflections of a multifaceted investigation into location, context, social
identity, landscape, and the public space of information.each work proposes
distinct but related topics, thus focusing on specific issues for concrete
places while searching for broader insights. thanks again to heimo for this
audiomap and the moments shared in berlin.

best,
luc and marc

if you wish to be removed from the list write "unsubscribe" to
news at adozen.org.