[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 17/7/05 (Ai Yamamoto/Will Guthrie)

Simon Hampson simon at symbiosis.com.au
Sun Jul 24 02:13:44 EDT 2005

Symbiosis - Experimental Sound Textures and Rhythms
[Headphones recommended]

12am - 2am Sunday nights
102.7 FM, Melbourne, Australia
Listen online: http://www.rrr.org.au/symbiosis/

Time Zone Converter: http://worldtimeserver.com/
(Show broadcasts in GMT +11)

Symbiosis
c/o Triple R
PO Box 2145
Brunswick East 3057
Victoria
Australia

info at symbiosis.com.au

presented by Simon Hampson

-------show highlights----------------------

24th July: New releases as well as a live piece from Bill Thompson. The
piece is just over 20 minutes and comes from Jim Colquhoun's 'Gangrel
Bodies' exhibition at Peacocks Visual Arts in Aberdeen. You can download it
at: http://www.billthompson.org/fromaberdeen.htm

31st July: The monthly label feature returns with a look at Taalem Records
(France). I will be including comments from the label's owner, Jean-Marc
Boucher, over the 2 hours. For more info: http://www.taalem.com

7th August: Zen Paradox (Steve Law) has a new album out through EEM
(http://eem.i2pi.com/), 'Numinosum'. Steve will be having a chat as well as
performing live.

In the pipeline: Christopher DeLaurenti, Room40 Label Feature

Hi everyone,

A busy show last week with two great live peformances from Ai Yamamoto &
Will Guthrie. Hopefully you had a chance to tune in.

A little bit of shuffling with the schedule. The Taalem Records feature will
now air next week due to a delay on some of the materials. Fingers crossed
that they will arrive this week!

This week I am profiling some of the great new releases that have been
coming through lately. There have been quite a few net releases that have
also caught my eye.. as well as a live performance that Bill Thompson posted
to the phonography.org list recently.

And last but not least, I will be away from 21st August until 18th September
(inclusive). Radiothon is happening from 19th until 28th August so please
show your love and support for Triple R at this time. We are volunteer base,
and we are not government funded. We rely on listeners like yourselves to be
heard! Check out the website for more details about subscribing and remember
to call my gracious fill-ins, Mark or Pat, on 21st & 28th to pledge your
support.

As always I am constantly looking for new work. Please keep sending it to
the address above. I have really appreciated all your support recently!

Until next week,

Simon.
**Please note the new Brunswick address above**