[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 10/7/05 (Deadbeat / Zac Keiller)

Simon Hampson simon at symbiosis.com.au
Thu Jul 14 10:22:45 EDT 2005

Symbiosis - Experimental Sound Textures and Rhythms
[Headphones recommended]

12am - 2am Sunday nights
102.7 FM, Melbourne, Australia
Listen online: http://www.rrr.org.au/symbiosis/

Time Zone Converter: http://worldtimeserver.com/
(Show broadcasts in GMT +11)

Symbiosis
c/o Triple R
PO Box 2145
Brunswick East 3057
Victoria
Australia

info at symbiosis.com.au

presented by Simon Hampson

-------show highlights----------------------

17th July: Ai Yamamoto (Japan/Australia) performs live from the Triple R
studio. She has two new cds out shortly, a collaboration with Lawrence
English on his Room40 label, and a solo release through BUS Gallery in
Melbourne.

It has been a while since we have seen Will Guthrie (Australia) in town and
it will be a pleasure to welcome him to Symbiosis for a chat and live
performance. He is now living in France and is back for performances around
the country. For show details visit http://www.antboymusic.com/

24th July: The monthly label feature returns with a look at Taalem Records
(France). I will be including comments from the label's owner, Jean-Marc
Boucher, over the 2 hours following our phone interview earlier this week.
For more info: http://www.taalem.com

In the pipeline: Christopher DeLaurenti, Zen Paradox (Steve Law)

Hi everyone,

Things continue to be busy on Symbiosis. Last week's show was a lot of fun
and both the Deadbeat interview and Zac's dj set got a good response.

This week sees not 1 but 2 live performances from the Triple R studios... Ai
Yamamoto is launching her new solo record (through BUS Gallery's Outer
series in Melbourne) at Trades Hall on Saturday 23rd July. Will Guthrie, on
the other hand, has been gallavanting all over Australia whilst he returns
(albeit briefly) from his new home in France. Laptop ambience meets
improvised percussion/found objects & electronics in what is sure to be
their beguiling performances.

Next week, Taalem Records (France) kicks off the monthly Symbiosis label
features again. It's great to return to this series after a 6 month break.
Both Triple R and I had relocations late last year and it has taken that
long to get things running again. In the coming months I will be looking at
Room40, and/OAR, and Sirr amongst others..

And last but not least, I will be away from 21st August until 18th September
(inclusive). Radiothon is happening from 19th until 28th August so please
show your love and support for Triple R at this time. We are volunteer base,
and we are not government funded. We rely on listeners like yourselves to be
heard! Check out the website for more details about subscribing and remember
to call my gracious fill-ins, Mark or Pat, on 21st & 28th to pledge your
support.

Until next week,

Simon.
**Please note the new Brunswick address above**