[Microsound-announce] Plus One Event (MA)- Sat. 16 July: murmer, M.Bullock

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Sun Jul 10 14:13:46 EDT 2005

forwarding this along from chloe records - i'll also be playing gigs in nyc and portland, maine in the coming weeks, if you're in those areas.  more details on the events page on my site: www.murmerings.com

patrick

---

This Saturday
Plus One Events at Art Interactive
 ::Sat. 16 July, 8pm::

==> . m u r m e r . (aka Patrick McGinely, UK)
     Patrick is a MA native living in the UK who is also responsible for the UK's excellent Resonance radio  program.  He creates blankets and roomfuls of sound using layered field recordings.  His work concentrates on the framing of sounds from our environment which normally pass through our ears unnoticed and unremarked, but which out of context become unrecognisable, alien and extraordinary: crackling charcoal, a squeaking escalator, a buzzing insect, or one's own breath.

==> Mike Bullock solo.
        For this show Mike will add multiple speakers and a computing power to his bass and oscillators, and attempt to fly blind through a burning cloud of overtones.

 $7 suggested donation.
Beer and wine will be available on a donation basis as well.
Art Interactive is located in the heart of Central Square.  It's an unusual space with aluminum floors and a large central performance/exhibition space.  Come support both new music and and great place for it.

Art Interactive, Cambridge
130 Bishop Allen Drive, Cambridge, MA (just off the
intersection of Mass Ave and Prospect).
http://www.mikebullock.com/plusone/
http://www.artinteractive.org/

Coming next:

::Fri. 12 August, 9pm::  $TBA
video from VJs blankfield, skfl, dextrus, and back from japan.  Sounds from DJs 16lemondrops, rural,
and BfJ.  Special thanks to Vidvox LLC.     http://www.vidvox.net/

 ::Sat. 20 August, 8pm::  $7
united states of belt
 The Sun is an Orange Cookie  (Linda Aubry solo)
 Liz Tonne, solo voice

::Sat. 10 September, 8 pm::  $7
Mazen Kerbaj (trumpet, Beirut) with Vic Rawlings and Mike Bullock
Brendan Murray / Richard Garet

Sound, Light: Listen, See.

s i t e :  http://www.mikebullock.com/

l a b e l:  http://www.chloechloe.cc/