[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 3/7/05 (Liquid Architecture 6)

Simon Hampson simon at symbiosis.com.au
Wed Jul 6 17:00:50 EDT 2005

Symbiosis - Experimental Sound Textures and Rhythms
[Headphones recommended]

12am - 2am Sunday nights
102.7 FM, Melbourne, Australia
Listen online: http://www.rrr.org.au/symbiosis/

Time Zone Converter: http://worldtimeserver.com/
(Show broadcasts in GMT +11)

Symbiosis
c/o Triple R
PO Box 2145
Brunswick East 3057
Victoria
Australia

info at symbiosis.com.au

presented by Simon Hampson

-------show highlights----------------------

10th July: Deadbeat (Canada) talks about his new record on Scape, 'New World
Observer', out locally through Inertia. Zac Keiller (Australia) joins me for
a dj set and a chat about his latest work. He will also be giving us an
update on his label, Dreamland Recordings
(http://www.dreamlandrecordings.com/).

17th July: Ai Yamamoto (Japan/Australia) performs live from the Triple R
studio. She has a new solo record on the horizon and a collaboration with
Lawrence English (Brisbane, Australia - Room40). It has been a while since
we have seen Will Guthrie (Australia) in town. He is now living in Franceand
is visiting for performances around the country. He is in Melbourne on 10th
July (Bennetts Lane) and 11th July (Glitch) - for more show details visit
http://www.antboymusic.com/

In the pipeline: Deadbeat, Taalem Records Feature, Zen Paradox (Steve
Law)...

Hi everyone,

Another packed show last week... Thomas Brinkmann couldn't make it down to
the station but I was pleased to be joined by Eric La Casa and Jean Luc
Guionnet (France). I had intended to meet them this week for a future
Symbiosis recording so it was good fortune really. They were a delight to
chat with and their installation at Westspace ('Reflected Waves') opens
tonight (Thursday 7th July).

Melbourne has been buzzing with the return of Articulating Space last
Thursday (next one on 21st July) and the events of Liquid Architecture 6. I
have seen some great performances these last few days and I urge people in
Melbourne to get down to the festival this week. If you're in one of the
other locations that LA6 is stopping at make sure you check it out.

It's important that we support the hard work and energy that goes into
creating these focused listening and information sharing environments.
Congratulations to Nat Bates and the many people who have had a part in
Liquid Architecture this year. And much thanks to Anthony Pateras and Robin
Fox for starting Articulating Space again!

I have been getting a steady stream of work from around the world lately.
Hopefully you would have heard some of the new tracks/artists played in the
last few weeks. Thanks to all the people sending it through and keep it
coming!

Until next week,

Simon.