[Microsound-announce] Empty Bottle, Chicago - This Sunday, July 10

john kannenberg john at stasisfield.com
Tue Jul 5 07:20:15 EDT 2005

For those of you in the Chicago area, Stasisfield founder john
kannenberg will be sitting in with California duo I Heart Lung when
they make their debut Chicago appearance at the Empty Bottle this
coming weekend.

WHERE: The Empty Bottle, 1035 N. Western Ave., Chicago

WHEN: Sunday, July 10, 9:30 pm

LINEUP: Castanets, I Heart Lung w/john kannenberg, Wooden Wand and
the Vanishing Voice

PRICE: $8

 From I Heart Lung's official bio:

---

I Heart Lung grew up in California. It is the child of drummer Tom
Steck and guitarist Chris Schlarb. They feed it back and beat it
freely. An organized/open duet of choke-like intensity and sometimes
raging quiet. Solemnity in space and seraphim, I Heart Lung recorded
their first album in two hours in what is now an abandoned building.
They were supposed to do Africa but were sent north. Their first
performance was a headlining affair (that LA Weekly pronounced as,
"one of those legendary gigs you only hear about 10 years later") at
which the Pink Mountaintops' Stephen McBean bespoke of drummer Steck
as a "force of nature." Others agreed. I Heart Lung exists within a
textural dimension between drone rock and free jazz.

Currently the group is prepared to release a split 12" featuring two
new songs from the Castanets on one side and three new tracks from I
Heart Lung on the other. The two bands will embark on a US tour along
with Wooden Wand & Vanishing Voice beginning in July wherein I Heart
Lung will pull double duty as backing band for the Castanets. In
addition to having already performed at the SoCalSonic festival of
experimental music and having been noted as such by publications such
as the Wire and LA Weekly the group will focus their next project on
a collaboration with Chicago based musician/label curator John
Kannenberg.

---

Download I Heart Lung's debut album here:

http://www.soundsareactive.com/catalogue.php?album=iheartlung01

--

john kannenberg

[ http://www.johnkannenberg.com ]