[Microsound-announce] NEW: john kannenberg + Jacob Ludvigsen

john kannenberg john at stasisfield.com
Thu Dec 22 14:41:15 EST 2005

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Stasisfield presents our final mp3 releases of 2005 . . .

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

[SF-4009] : Chicago Aqua : john kannenberg

Stasisfield founder john kannenberg created this un-processed
soundscape of field recordings based on public water sources
throughout the city of Chicago during the summer of 2005. Broadcast
as part of the 2005 Outer Ear Festival of Sound, Chicago Aqua
contains numerous representations of water's relationship to the
citizens of Chicago. Public beaches, fountains and waterfalls blend
with snippets of dialogue to create an abstracted narrative inhabited
by humans, nature, and the manipulation of an element that
preoccupied the thoughts of millions of Americans in different ways
throughout the year.

Available for download + streaming now:

[ http://www.stasisfield.com/releases/year04/sf-4009.html ]

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

[SF-4010] : Hversdagslyd : Jacob Ludvigsen

Denmark's Jacob Ludvigsen presents a series of short pieces of highly
manipulated sound. Blending field recordings and synthesis,
Hverdagslyd explores a wide range of moods and textures. Blips,
ticks, typewriters and other sound sources are stretched, bent and
rearranged into constantly evolving snapshots of sound, with textures
becoming more fragile and high-pitched as the pieces progress. The
final piece's tones elegantly decay into a soft buzzing that brings
this collection's sequence to an all-too abrupt end.

Available for download + streaming now:

[ http://www.stasisfield.com/releases/year04/sf-4010.html ]

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

We'll be back next year with some catch-up projects [the Resonant
Image exhibition will finally go live, and we'll be putting out the
third installment of our mp3 archive CDRs very early in the year]
along with the usual series of mp3 releases.

As always, thanks for listening, and see you next year!

--

john kannenberg

[ http://www.johnkannenberg.com ]

[ http://www.stasisfield.com ]