[Microsound-announce] washed out headspace- robert horton

roberth roberth at lanset.com
Sat Aug 20 00:11:21 EDT 2005

From: Hannu Haahti    hi again!
    the holidays are over and time to get back to business...
    out now:
    Robert Horton: Washed Out Headspace CDR (LTJ-40)

Released 16.8.2005, "free jazz haunted drone", edition of 100 copies,
features an insert.

"I got off the sight seeing bus near the ruins to the church of anthrax. I
thought I heard a pounding piano and a repeating organ riff but it was only
the wind. I listened to it blow for a while. Hannu asked me for some kind of
description of the music on this cdr. Shit, I don't know. I woke up one
night recently and scribbled "free jazz haunted drone" on the cover of the
latest Wire. When I woke that morning, it seemed like a good description.
The collection got its name from Brad Rose, who seems to be quite poetic. I
also took him literally and threw some broken binaural microphones into the
bathtub to record some feedback from underwater, thus washed out headspace.
Misty Leader was the name of a horse running at the track in Tacoma,
Washington. Wes McIntosh, who is into the horses, found me the name in the
paper. He's my nephew and is 16 years old and open minded enough to join me
with his sax in the backyard for a drone-a drone with his weird uncle
playing guitar with a vibrator with a bobby pin duck-taped to it."

robert horton: boot, guitar, dulcimer organ, dulcimer, casio fz-1, casio
mt-68, trumpet, sine wave generator, feedback circuit, radio, cassettes,
mini disc, varispeed cassette recorder, computer, el flosser,
turntable-boot-hurdy-gurdy, reel to reel tape bow, vitaminder, vibrator,
percussion, drums, instratuner, wooden trumpet, contact mics, rocks, zither,
shenai, rubber bands
wes mcintosh: tenor sax on track 2
boot is a 4 string homemade
track 3 named by brad rose

LINKS:
www.hoalrecords.com

REVIEWS:
"beautifully luxuriant drones as vibrant and joyous as a sunrise - Horton is
joined by saxophonist Wes Montgomery on this release" Boa Melody Bar
    talented artist, features an insert.

    edition of 100 copies.

    also lots of old titles available (but some 3"cdr's are temporarily
    sold out). more info:
    http://www.dlc.fi/~hhaahti/267lattajjaa/releases.html

    best wishes,
    hannu.