[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 7/8/05 (Zen Paradox)

Simon Hampson simon at symbiosis.com.au
Sun Aug 14 06:26:13 EDT 2005

Symbiosis - Experimental Sound Textures and Rhythms
[Headphones recommended]

12am - 2am Sunday nights
102.7 FM, Melbourne, Australia
Listen online: http://www.rrr.org.au/symbiosis/

Time Zone Converter: http://worldtimeserver.com/
Work out what time the show airs for you here: http://tinyurl.com/ca6f7

Symbiosis
c/o Triple R
PO Box 2145
Brunswick East 3057
Victoria
Australia

info at symbiosis.com.au

presented by Simon Hampson

-------show highlights----------------------

14th August: The August label feature takes a look at Brisbane-based Room40.
Lawrence English celebrates 5 years of releases and events under the Room40
banner this year . With a slew of releases hitting the shelves in 2005 it is
a fitting time to look at one of the most exciting labels in Australia.

21st August - 18th September: Mark Harwood (www.synrecords.com) and Pat
O'Brien (www.bus117.com) take care of Symbiosis whilst I am overseas. Tune
in and give them your support...

21st August & 28th August: 'Kick It to RRRs' radiothon. Show us your love
and support through an annual subscription. Call the station on (03) 9388
1027 any time from 19th - 28th August to pledge. For those of you who listen
from overseas or if you can't make it to the phone during that time please
visit http://www.rrr.org.au/subscribe.php

In the pipeline (later this year): Christopher DeLaurenti, Xing Wu Records,
Sirr.ecords

Hi everyone,

This is the last show before I head overseas for 4 weeks. The last few
months has been very busy for the show and tonight wraps things up in a nice
way! The August label feature focuses on Room40.

Room40 is a Brisbane-based imprint that was started by Lawrence English in
2000. This year has seen a true 'coming-of-age' for the label side of things
with releases by Tujiko Noriko (JP) and Chris Abrahams (The Necks).
Alongside these established artists there have been some great Australian
artists making their early forays into official releases; Rod Cooper and
Matt Rosner have been personal highlights.

So until 25th September, I hope you all stay safe, warm and well. I will be
returning with some great content and features later in the year. Of course,
Symbiosis will be well cared for in the meantime by Mark Harwood and Pat
O'Brien.

until next time,

Simon.
**Please note the new Brunswick address above**

 -------Playlist-----------------------------

Show Date: 7/8/05

Zen Paradox (Steve Law) has a new album out through EEM
(http://eem.i2pi.com/), 'Numinosum'. Steve had a chat and performed live.

Artist :: Track :: Album :: Label

Mapstation :: digikal masters :: The Forbidden 80s :: Mr Mutt Records

Bola :: sirasancerre :: Gnayse :: Skam

Autechre :: LCC :: Untitled :: Warp

Zen Paradox :: singing statue 2 :: Numinosum :: EEM

Steve Law interview & live performance

Tujiko Noriko :: niagara hospital :: Blurred In My Mirror :: Room40

Scott Taylor :: 2 degrees, 6am :: Winter Sunday :: Conv

Freiband :: gong station & chimes :: Essays On Radio :: Cronica

Omnid :: block transfer :: Fragile Balance :: Retinascan

Thanos Chrysakis :: inscape 5 :: Enchanted Mountains :: Stasisfield

The Moglass :: A :: Nexsound Compilation :: Nexsound

Ai Yamamoto :: dreaming of swimming in emerald water :: Euphonious :: Bus

Rik Rue :: another mild torpor :: Voice Capades :: Alias Frequencies

Francisco Lopez :: untitled #164 exe :: Homenaje :: Rackham Records