[Microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER > 08.05 > news/event/release update... RE'POST'POSTFABRICATED 2xCD out now!

richard chartier / LINE chartier at 3particles.com
Mon Aug 1 10:56:42 EDT 2005

hello
welcome to the slow (yet busy ) summer
i hope no one is melting from the heat outside.

some new cds available...
new performance dates / exhibits...

and don't forget to download two exclusive free remixes from the newly
released RE'POST'POSTFABRICATED double cd
by Taylor Deupree and Goem not on the cd that will be available on the
DSP website which you can download now! http://www.dsprecs.com/

i have been hard at work updating LINE's packaging and direction...
expect some surprises in the near future!

- -  RECENT RELEASES AVAILABLE ON 3PARTICLES.COM PAYPAL SITE - -

OUT NOW! LIMITED EDITION OF 40. A FIELD FOR RECORDINGS.1 (3particles06)
INFO: 1 color reverse printing on translucent vellum stock in plastic
sleeve. This first release in a series of limited edition works is made
with site recordings utilized for a performance at SculptureCenter in
New York on March 6, 2004. Where as most of my past work has been
intended for isolated headphone listening this 16:36 piece is intended
for listening with environmental/incidental noise to create endless
possible overlays and experiences. ONLY 4 REMAIN AVAILABLE!!

OUT NOW > 2CD .  Re'post'post-fabricated  [ DSP Recordings, Italy ]
This 2CD project will have the reformed/remastered Post-Fabricated CD
(originally issued on CDR on Dutch label Microwave in 1999 as an
edition of 222). I was never happy with the sound quality of the final
master due to the engineer and my analog recording limitations at the
time. This is an odd recording for me, which you could say is my most
"pop" release in its quirky rhythmic elements. The second CD is
remixes/reworkings from the original files by Frank Bretschneider, COH,
Taylor Deupree, Freiband, Goem, Alva Noto, Byetone, Sogar, Asmus
Tietchens, Vend, Matmos, Steve Roden, and myself (getting dubby).

OUT NOW!  CD .  35 Mutant Seconds: based on Rafael Toral´s Creamy
Burst.  [ Grain of Sound, Portugal ] features reworks using a Toral
guitar piece from 1991 as source material. My piece was selected from a
series of 3 improvisations. other artists include: Pita, Fonica,
Sawako, John Kannenberg, Stapletape and Allto and more. i hope these
will be here by the end of the week, you may pre-order on the
3particles site.

a limited number of these & other releases are available via the ONLINE
STORE http://www.3particles.com/paypal
also there are only 4 copies of OVERVIEW available! after that,,, they
are gone.

- -  RECENT + CURRENT STUFF  - -

OUT NOW  > CD .  "Tempt (live ending, Transmediale 2003 Berlin)" on
MUTEK compilation  [ Mutek_Rec, Canada ] This 2CD compilation of all of
the artists from the upcoming MUTEK festival will have a very loud,
very aggressive 8 minute live piece which was the end of my performance
at Transmediale 2003 in Berlin which took many people by surprise.
well... i was drunk and had to compete with Akufen in the main room....
wouldn't you get noisey? enjoy... this work was also recently
reworked/performed in part at the DECIBEL festival last year in
Seattle. JUNE 1, 2005

OUT NOW > LINE TSHIRT . LINE 5 Years Tshirt. edition of 100.
(LINE_ED03). silkscreened grey ink on white 100% cotton Fine Jersey
TShirt by American Apparel. based on the ink specification colors for
each of the LINE editions since 2000 and the site menu design. design:
Richard Chartier. sizes: S, M, L.
http://www.12k.com/line/lineed03.htm

EXHIBIT.  Leeraum  group sound installation @ PROGR-Zentrum für
Kulturproduktion ( 5.1 surround sound installation ) [ Bern,
Switzerland ] August 2005  http://www.progr.ch

- - FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC - -

 > LP + CD . Retrieval 1-2 + Retrieval 1-5  [ ERS, The Netherlands ].
This will be two works that were created at my artist residency at the
Music Research Centre @ York University, UK. based on soundfiles and
loops of mine from 1990-1993.  the CD will include an extended
reworking of "Retrieval 3" + 2 additional retrieval pieces.
http://radiantslab.com/ers  DELAYED Summer 2005.

 > BOOK . "On the surface of silence: reticence in the music of Richard
Chartier" by Will Montgomery in BLOCKS OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE
UNBROKEN CONTINUUM. a really great indepth study of my work. Publisher:
Sound 323. Editors: Brian Marley+Mark Wastell. DELAYED SUMMER 2005.

19, 2005  http://www.electric-campfire.de

http://www.batie.ch

 > EXHIBIT + LIVE .  Of Surfaces2  @ PROGR-Zentrum für Kulturproduktion
( 5.1 surround sound installation ) [ Bern, Switzerland ] September
2005 http://www.progr.ch

 > EXHIBIT .  Opening Cocyxx  @ die Schachtel ( 5.1 sound and
chemi-luminescent installation with Evelina Domnitch & Dmitry Gelfand)
[ Milan, Italy ] October 2005

 > LIVE .   CHESSMACHINE @ DIS-PATCH [ Belgrade, Serbia ] October 6, 2005

 > LIVE .   CHESSMACHINE @ OBSERVATORI [ Valencia, Spain ] October 8,
2005

 > EXHIBIT .  Early Fabricated  @ Peloton Gallery  [ Sydney, Australia ]
  ( Photography group show ) Oct 13-29, 2005

2005  http://www.cimatics.com

 > LIVE .   CHESSMACHINE @ CYNET [ Dresden, Germany ] November 24-27,
2005

 > CD . Incidence  [ Raster-Noton. Germany ] Fall 2005

 > CD . TBA  [ NVO. Austria ] Fall 2005

 > CD . Mort Aux Vaches with Taylor Deupree [ VPRO, Amsterdam ]

 > CD . Placode [ n160, Japan ] This elaborately aluminum packaged cd
compilation curated by Nibo [ LINE/Raster-Noton] will contain the piece
"retrieval#3(for placodes). artists on this compilation: Carsten
Nicolai, Christophe Charles, Frank Bretschneider, Nibo, Byetone,
Richard Chartier, Sachiko.M, Sogar, Steve Roden, Taylor Deupree, and
Otomo Yoshihide. http://www.n160.com. DELAYED 2005

 > OTHER POTENTIAL UPCOMING PERFORMANCES . Portland, Detroit, Milan

 > AUGUST 1 . still not paid for my performance at YULE Festival in the
amsterdam, NL from late december 2004 even though i have a signed
contract. endless emails. endless run around. calls never returned.
changing stories... dont you just love that. ARTISTS BEWARE!!