[microsound] .microsound list: 1999 - 2017

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Thu Nov 3 15:15:27 EDT 2016

.microsounders,

We will be shutting down the regular .microsound email list (and *only*
this particular list) on December 31 2016 due to the lack of traffic.

(Not sure about archives - I do know that a .microsound member had
constructed a web based archive of the list that was searchable back to
1999 but not sure what the state of that site is currently)

NOTE: *The microsound-announce list will remain active* for the time
being but I will be evaluating whether or not to keep it going next year.

The website: <www.microsound.org> will be kept online as well - the site
is no longer actively updated but serves as an historical document that
younger musicians may study and learn from.

The .microsound Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/microsound/> is very active so please
post your work and ideas there.

As always, I want to send a massive shout-out to John Saylor and Paulo
Mouat who dedicated their free time over the years to keeping both
.microsound lists as well as the web site humming and trouble free over
the years. Thanks guys! :)

John and Paulo will still be around to help keep the
.microsound-announce list and the web site working - so if you have any
issues with either please post your problem to the microsound-announce
list and we'll look into it.

ciao!!

Kim Cascone
co-founder