[microsound] Contracts full of eels

Set Hallstrom sakrecoer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 13:56:54 EST 2016

I for one am super happy about this awakening!
Some people do cross words, other do sudoku, i read ToS. And so in 2012
after spending 8 hours reading the ToS, I deactivated my facebook (yeah,
deletion is impossible). Afterards I couldn't sleep for weeks, thinking
of all the people i had recruited for them out of sole desire to share
my music.

I haven't looked back, my website is alive again, and there are plenty
of really fun places out here in cyberspace!

I might participate in this Topic, probably reading the Contract Full of
Eels that Facebook is ruled by.

Yours,
Set

On 2016-02-10 19:26, john saylor wrote:
> (ding)
>
> On 02/10/16 10:00, Sietse wrote:
>>
>> Well, this whole mailinglist is now useless.
>>

> hmm ...
>
> there's still traffic on it occasionally and subscriptions and removals
> are all working.
>
> i guess if you think it's useless it is.
>

> -=+=-
>

> (from t.merton's poetic translations of zhuangzhi)
>
> The Useless Tree
>
> Hui Tzu said to Chuang, "I have a big tree, the kind they call a
> "stinktree." The trunk is so distorted, so full of knots, no one can get
> a straight plank out of it. The branches are so crooked you cannot cut
> them up in any way that makes sense."
>
> "There it stands beside the road. No carpenter will even look at it.
> Such is your teaching - big and useless."
>
> Chuang Tzu replied, "Have you ever watched the wildcat crouching,
> watching his prey. The prey leaps this way, and that way, high and low,
> and at last lands in the trap. And have you seen the Yak? Great as a
> thundercloud, he stands in his might. Big? Sure, but he can't catch mice!"
>
> "So for your big tree, no use? Then plant it in the wasteland, in
> emptiness. Walk idly around it, rest under its shadow. No axe or bill
> prepares its end. No one will ever cut it down."
>
> "Useless? You should worry!"

Set Hallstrom
AKA Sakrecoer
http://sakrecoer.com