[microsound] .microsound on Facebook

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 04:11:34 EST 2014

On 20/01/2014 19:15, Kim Cascone wrote:
> Dear .microsounders,
>
> Judging from the number of posts it seems like this mode of
> communication, i.e. the email list, has become antiquated.

Personally I still follow the list... I must admit that lately I tend to
skip posts as the original distinction between microsounda-announce
(links to people's work etc.) and microsound has blurred... so that the
discussion seems to have thinned.

I do have a Facebook account, but access it very sparsely. I prefer
mailing lists to both fora and Facebook groups, as personal taste.

As per quantity vs. *quality* of posts I'm not sure switching platform
will automatically improve the situation. Sure a Facebook account might
generate more traffic / posts, but from a qualitative perspective I'm
not sure what the gain will be.

Just my opinion.
Lorenzo.