[microsound] BeagleBone: Neural Network Synthesizers

Dara Shayda dara1339 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 05:36:39 EDT 2012

http://nn-os.org/ is a new computing environment for Neural Network Control applications of all sorts. In specific Synthesizers, composition and conducting tools with adaptive learning capabilities:

http://nn-os.org/nnconductor/

The entire code runs in real-time on BeagleBone embedded hardware platform from TI:

http://beagleboard.org/bone

In general any instrumentations with discrete input and output, in particular MIDI instruments can take advantage of the adaptive learning of the nn-os  on BeagleBone, and the current code supports Petri Net asynchronous multi-tasking and IO (on top of BSD sockets) therefore performers and conductors can create new forms of interactive and real-time collaboration on stage (or remote locations).

The concepts and code are in embryonic stage, and we are looking for TALENT who is willing to help us experiment to guide our development for more useful and applicable applications.

Dara