[microsound] Fw: Save the Logos Foundation!

kristof lauwers info at kristoflauwers.domainepublic.net
Tue Jun 5 09:04:52 EDT 2012

(sorry for crossposting)

Dear All,

The Logos Foundation has formed a focal point for experimental
Belgian and international artists since 1968, showcasing contemporary
music and sound art.

Our workshops provide space for in-house artists and guests to build
innovative instruments and develop new technologies. Logos has its
own orchestra, Man & Machine, which consists of more than 50
interactive musical robots and is absolutely unique in the world.

Along with numerous other arts organisations, the Logos Foundation
found out on Friday evening that it will lose its government subsidy
from 2013 onwards. It is expected to continue with an annual
allowance of 0 euros, despite receiving two positive recommendations
from the official evaluation committee. In other words, although both
its artistic plan and its business plan were judged feasible and
worthwhile, it was not allocated a subsidy.

Help to save Logos! Convince the Minister of Culture to still
subsidise our Foundation! Please follow the link below and sign the
petition and please spread this petition amongst your friends, so the
Minister of Culture can see the national and international support
for the Logos Foundation. Thank you!

http://www.logosfoundation.org/save/