[microsound] turntable (artefact) sounds

Paul Rogers noisytoys at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 24 02:05:20 EST 2012

>>> Buy/get cheap/old turntable.
>>> Experiment.
>>> Record the result.
>>> :)
>> It's much more
>
> Than?

Creatively satisfying - than -Downloading someone else's recordings of said material.

To elaborate, it's my opinion that the process of making, recording and producing your own sound materials, even if similar materials already exist, enables a greater understanding, appreciation and relationship to the resulting recordings.
That's not to say that sometimes it is also appropriate to download, and may well be in this particular situation, however I would recommend making your own If possible.

Paul …