[microsound] image sonification techniques

Dara Shayda dara1339 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 10 14:43:30 EST 2012

These are great experiments and ideas. Thank you for sharing.

Instead of Image Synth, if you do Image Filter i.e. turn the video frames into filter masks, then you can control the way a pre-existing sound file plays i.e. the motions of the limps dictates which parts of the frequency spectrum are in high intensity.

This way the  dancer does not generate the sound, but controls the amplitude for the frequency map of an existing sound.

Then dancer can perform moves that will up the amplitude for frequency regions he or she likes to hear through her bodily motion.

Perhaps as you mention 'virtual pads' would allow for multiple such sound generation and frequency manipulations.

Thanx again for these innovative experiments. I like to learn more.
Dara