[microsound] image sonification techniques

Dara Shayda dara1339 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 10 05:46:33 EST 2012

http://vimeo.com/1439229

I think your dancer with  'fluorescent make' up would generate a lot better music from her movements. You can paint her limbs with different colours which would trigger different synthesizers for sound.

You need to light the stage entirely with black light:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_light

On smaller scale, we can practice with crayons:

http://www.amazon.com/Fun-World-Costumes-Fluorescent-Crayons/dp/B003RYIRA6  for say the arms and hands of an instrumentalist

These are inexpensive solutions to more expensive systems done in studios.

For 3D data you can paint portions of the limbs with larger bands or dots, and then place two cameras at two different angles. So you get two sets of dots projected into say y-z plane and x-z plane and if you enough number of colours you can reconstruct a 3D matrix of data for your dancer.