[microsound] The hum that helps to fight crime

john saylor js0000 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:11:38 EST 2012

hey

On 12/12/12 2:51 , David Newman wrote:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20629671
> microsound fights crime

this is interesting on many fronts.

the science to understand that electrical current fluctuations can be
used as a timestamp on audio recordings is interesting to me as a
confluence of audio and technology and utility services.

the use of this technology by the surveillance state is somewhat
orwellian and chilling to me. just to be clear, i am not in favor of
violent crime in any way; however, i do not think law enforcement is
always a benevolent force. there are just too many examples of more
weapons for law enforcement meaning more opportunities for abuse.

--
\js [http://or8.net/~johns/] : i am alive