[microsound] Laser Harp with WiiMote on Arduino

Dara Shayda dara1339 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 23:48:29 EDT 2012

Dear Boris

I am planning to use that board for Neural Network computing, I already did some applications for something totally different than music, and it worked accurately.

But while I was coding that project, it dawned on me that the Neural Network adaptive learning can learn from a performer's actions e.g. hitting keys or drums or motions of the limbs and so on.

Then the performer can train the Neural Network to play along in an orchestrated manner via examples of short performances.

If so the problem was: on what platform to run the Neural Network computations? And we researched the recent releases of the hardware and at 1.5 billion instructions per second + vector floating point accelerator at $90 price range this board was ideal.

Unfortunately I am not a performer, so I have no sample learning examples.

But if you could find some, e.g.

Input:{finger1, finger2, finger3, finger4, finger5} -----> Output:{some midi sequence}

finger to mean the location or pressure or twist or ...

I can then build a smaller learning program, which will be fully trainable for multiple performances and instruments.

Since the beagleboard is inexpensive you can attach one to every performer, you get the point....

Dara