[microsound] RIP Steve Jobs

Chris Gregory chris at chrisgregory.com
Wed Oct 5 23:14:00 EDT 2011

Many would argue (Karl Marx to start with) that technological advances
drive social change. In that sense, Steve Jobs changed the world in a
much more significant way than any policy maker ever has (or could).

You may say this is a matter of priorities; I think it is too.
Technological advances are not inevitable...new ideas aren't just
floating around in the aether waiting for someone to notice them. A
world without Steve Jobs would have been very different, and not in a
good way. As musicians this is doubly true.

Chris