[microsound] Producing 15 Hz - 20 Hz with digital equipment

Ben Swire btswire at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 15:52:35 EDT 2011

In Pro Tools, you can simply use the signal generator to generate a 20 hz tone (sine, square, sawtooth, or triangle wave.)  You could then use the pitch shift filter and specify a ratio if you need a lower tone (ie .75:1 for a 15 hz tone.)  I would imagine there should be similar functionality in other applications.  If you would like me to create these test tones and forward them your way, feel free to PM me.

-Ben