[microsound] Exit Through the Gift Shop

Daniel Heidebrecht dan at listening-station.net
Wed Feb 16 12:40:23 EST 2011

 I worked for an architectural photographer that did a shoot in the late 80's at the corporate headquarters of Hasbro - somewhere in Massachusets. The office was a huge open space with standard office cubicles. It had a noise reduction system that was made by Bolt Beranek & Newman. You could stand about 30 feet away from another person and yell at them - and could barely make out what they said. Doesn't sound very spectacular - but it was one of the strangest acoustic experiences I have had.