[microsound] Exit Through the Gift Shop

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 12:07:12 EST 2011

A little food for thought:

Do we not suffer from too much noise in our cities already? At least
in Chicago, I am subjected to large amounts of unwanted noise, whether
it is the dangerously loud sound of elevated trains, or the unwanted
(and almosty always terrible) background music that plays incessantly
indoors everywhere one goes.

So I suggest that the ultimate sonic intervention would not create
noise, but SUBTRACT noise--creating an unexpected pocket of silence in
the midst of the city would be fantastic, in my opinion.

~David