[microsound] Exit Through the Gift Shop

Bernhard Living mumixer at me.com
Wed Feb 16 03:50:29 EST 2011

Dear Steven,

Ok, Here’s a little idea for you to ponder.

Get hold of numerous low-cost battery powered devices that either move or vibrate. For example; toys, joke objects such as chattering teeth, and even actual sex aids (vibrators etc). Make urban interventions by putting them into public-sited objects that would easily resonate, such as; drainpipes, trash cans, handrails (you might need to saw one in half), post boxes and the petrol tanks of peoples’ cars (if you can unscrew the cap). You’ll need to wear trainers so you can run quickly and not get caught by the police (and don’t forget your hoody!). I think this sound-work might be in the true spirit of graffiti art.

Perhaps you could find an object that creates a very distinctive sound, and this would be your sonic ‘tag’.

Regards,

Bernhard