[microsound] osc for visual mapping

Al Matthews prolepsis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 07:52:11 EST 2011

You may have noticed this already. I thought I'd ask for comment however:

http://createdigitalmotion.com/2011/02/op-ed-music-abstraction-for-av-collaboration-a-proposal/

I think my reflexive objections are in terms of what Surya Buchwald is
calling "Standard," since "Protocol" floats or fails based on that.

Wondering if you see this framework as applicable to what you do, or
if your own work in OSC e.g. bubbles up here to suggest improvements.

Supposing you were working directly in microsound or concrete, on what
bases would the "Standard" or "Protocol" here need be adapted?

Thanks in advance,

--
Al Matthews