[microsound] radical computer music

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:34:20 EST 2011

I read the Wikipedia article about "Radical Computer Music" first...
and it sounded like it could be interesting.

However, after watching the video, I was completely confused about
what it had to do with music, computers, or indeed anything
"radical"... The guy just seems like some second rate
conceptual/performance artist, whose ideas look better on paper then
they do when you actually see or hear the work.

I also couldn't really get any kind of coherent idea of what "Radical
Computer Music" was supposed to be about or why it is needed... no
doubt there's plenty of room to critique academic computer music, but
this video just left me completely bewildered as to what was going on.

~David