[microsound] On impossibility of linux

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Fri Apr 15 02:16:03 EDT 2011

with all due respect Kurt: you don't know what you are talking about and
are just repeating ridiculous FUD you've heard

read why I switched from OS X to Linux here:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/08/linux-music-workflow-switching-from-mac-os-x-to-ubuntu-with-kim-cascone/

I just finished a new CD made *entirely* on Linux and I actually had an
easier (and cheaper) time of editing and mixing a CD than on OS X

I use Ardour, Audacity, Pd and LADSPA plugs and have to say that I enjoy
the heady power I now have versus the closed commercial boutique-ware I
was using on OS X

as far as hardware goes: all laptops are designed and/or made in one of
three factories in China and share many of the same chip sets with all
other computer brands - i.e. pop the hood and see that there are no (or
very little) magic Apple parts...

to wit: I've had two Dells running pretty much 24/7 for over two years
now and not once have I experienced an issue or a technical hardware (or
software) problem - they are both solid workhorses which I can't claim
for any of the Apple products I've owned - read my article posted above

these statements reflect my opinion and is only my personal preference -
no need for debates, flame wars or fanboy nonsense

that is all