[microsound] Books on algorithmic/interactive/generative music

Al Matthews prolepsis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 12:44:50 EDT 2010

I vote for Fred Lerdahl and Ray Jackendoff's "Generative Theory of Tonal Music"

http://www.amazon.com/Generative-Theory-Tonal-Music-ebook/dp/B002ZG7B90/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2

for a number of the same reasons. Extrapolation is likewise required.

In addition a friend pointed me to Larry Polansky's e-monograph:

http://digitalmusics.dartmouth.edu/~larry/published_articles/tenney_monograph_soundings/index.html

which I would argue is a fabulously helpful resource.

--
Al Matthews