[microsound] OT: laptop for permanent sound installation - suggestions?

mattyo news at ostrowski.info
Fri Nov 5 12:59:38 EDT 2010

I'm with Hans on this -- Mac Minis are great cheap alternatives, plus
you can run them headless (although you have to disable the bluetooth
so it doesn't look for a keyboard.)  You can control it with VNC
(Screen Sharing) or  if you need to once its set up.  I have some
vague memory about reading that they can get cranky with no monitor
plugged in, but I think you can put the DVI-VGA converter in, and then
it behaves....

\M