[microsound] OT: laptop for permanent sound installation - suggestions?

Tobias Reber tobiasreber at sunrise.ch
Thu Nov 4 06:40:21 EDT 2010

hi All,

I'm in the planning stage for a permanent sound installation. The
customer saw the following netbook (currently very cheap at a local
discounter) and asked me whether this  would be a good choice to run
the installation on:

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consumer/computer-peripherals/notebook/others/NP-N150-JA03HK/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=specification

As far as I can see this is good enough to run a Max patch with
relatively basic DSP operations (no DSP-heavy stuff such as FFT etc)
in MaxMSP Runtime.

I have experience with long pieces, but never in a situation where i
was commissioned and the piece was permanent, so I'm curious whether
any of you here have some suggestions?

Thanks,

Tobias