[microsound] anyone knows a microfone for recorders?

Tobias Reber tobiasreber at sunrise.ch
Wed Nov 3 15:55:14 EDT 2010

I recently played with two recorder players who use these,

http://www.monacor.de/typo3/index.php?id=62&L=0&act=&act_sub=&artid=2701&spr=DE&typ=u

but without the capsule. They glue them directly to the instruments
and regulare the breath (noise) amount by varying the distance to the
sound hole.

In my opinion the sound was very good, at least for use with live-
electronics in a rather dense piece.

Cheers,

Tobias

Am 03.11.2010 um 19:03 schrieb Steven Ricks:

> Susanna Borsch is an incredible recorder player based in Amsterdam--
> she may have info on her site or some good advice if you contact her
> directly:
>
> http://www.susannaborsch.com/
> susanna.borsch at gmail.com
>
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Samuel van ransbeeck <thinksamuel at yahoo.com
> > wrote:
> My girlfriend plays in a band where she plays recorder. Currently
> she uses a normal microfone on a tripod but it limits her ability to
> move so she is looking for a portable microphone. As she uses
> various recorders during a cncert, it should be a headset or a very
> fast-to-mount clipmicrophone. Does anyone know a decent and not too
> expensive microphone for this purpose?
> Thanks

> --
> Steven Ricks
> Composer
> Associate Professor, BYU School of Music
> (801) 422-6115
> www.stevericks.com
>
> CD's
> Mild Violence