[microsound] Golden Shield Music

Jonas R. Kirkegaard jonasr at jonasr.com
Fri May 7 13:02:44 EDT 2010

Very interesting project!

When mapping data to musical parameters you can allways do it in 100
million different ways. Can you explain a little more about your
aesthetic choices in selection of the "sound" of the voices? Maybe
specifically about the choice of rythmic patterns and the choice of
MIDI (which i suppose introduce the use of the cromatic relations)
rather than just frequencies? And maybe also how you think the actual
sound of the piece relates to China and the cencorship problems you
refer to?

All the best
Jonas