[microsound] 1.61803399

john saylor js0000 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 13:12:42 EST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Kim Cascone <kim at anechoicmedia.com> wrote:
> 2. not only can phi be used in the expansion of ratios but in their
> reduction as well - it's just a ratio

from wikipedia:
The first known approximation of the (inverse) golden ratio by a
decimal fraction, stated as "about 0.6180340," was written in 1597 by
Prof. Michael Maestlin of the University of Tübingen in a letter to
his former student Johannes Kepler.[13]

> anyway, rather than wait until Jan 6 of next year we could make it 6/1
> instead?

hmm, i wonder if we can do a better mapping [6 has a little to do with
phi, but very little]. what about applying the inverse ratio to 365
[days in a year]:
255.58241 = 365 * .618034
aug 13 is day 226

so maybe that can be the due date? i'm sure we can work the math in
some way to get a date we can live with ...

also, day 89 [fibonacci] is 30 march, and day 144 is 24 may, and day
233 is aug 21.

--
\js  :-P